Friends just had twins!
The photo really doesn’t do these justice–they’re so cute!
I used this pattern for the booties, with these modifications:
For my thick red yarn, I did a starting ch of 23 (using the original sew-together pattern) & never did switch to dc (stuck to hdc throughout). The first short row (14 hdc) was red, then I did 2 hdc rows in green & the last row was ch 4, sc in 3rd ch from hook, ch1, skip a stitch & sc in next (repeat for 7 points). I left a long tail for sewing. With yellow yarn, I made random stitches all over the red part for the “seeds.” This would be cute with a little flower and/or leaves for a girl, but this pair was for a boy.
(or grape, if made in purple!)
These would look better in a more cherry-colored yarn, but this was the best I had…
Again, I used this pattern but used the popcorn stitch. Again, start with ch 23. Make a popcorn stitch of 4hdc (the video shows a dc popcorn–same idea, but I pulled through all 3 loops at the end of each st instead of two at a time), ch 1, skip a ch, 4 hdc popcorn in next ch, etc. to the end of the row. Turn & do a reverse popcorn in the ch1 spaces on the way back so they all pop out on the same side. Keep the number of popcorn stitches the same on each of the long rows (the ends will zigzag a little–it works out in the sewing). The first short row (7 hdc popcorns) was red, then I did 2 hdc rows in green & the last row was ch 4, sc in 3rd ch from hook, ch1, skip a stitch & sc in next (repeat for 7 points). I left a long tail for sewing. If I were to do it again, I’d probably switch to green on the first short row.